- A clean-slate look at disk scrubbing
- Improving Disk Array Reliability Through Expedited Scrubbing - This paper proposes to use fast scrubbing after a single disk failure in RAID6 in order to combat the risk of an Latent Sector Faults and Reliability of Disk Arrays - This early thesis (1997) describes scrubbing and is an early description of the method and its effects on reliability.
- Disk Scrubbing Versus Intradisk Redundancy for RAID Storage Systems
- Disk scrubbing in large archival storage systems
- Empirical Measurements of Disk Failure Rates and Error Rates - Measured error rates during large data transfer and found that the UER metric is not that important to them. The methodology is wrong since the they tested on 10GB consecutive areas that was recently written whereby the problem is more of a probability for data that is getting time to age on the disk.